Monday, January 28, 2008

London--Really?!!? Didn't we just move to Texas?


You truly never know what life has in store for you and what might be just around the corner! We are now living in London after taking a job in Texas--who knew? Though we've known for a while that a big change was coming for our family, we honestly had no idea when we packed up and left Colorado that we were moving to London. Our plan was to sell our house, buy a house in Dallas, and settle in. Apparently, that wasn't the master (or the Master's) plan. SO, we're in London for about a year, and THEN we're going to have the Texas experience (again). The kids are attending an American International school and loving it, Kyle's working very long hours, and I'm trying to figure out how to maintain a family of seven with a washer just big enough for a day worth of clothing for two to three people. Though we miss family and friends, we're loving the adventure. And, yes, Stonehenge really is as cool as it looks and driving on the left side of the road truly is enough to make even the calmest American white-knuckled the first few times. Just remember to repeat the following the whole time you are taking your life and the life of your passengers into your hands, "Drive left, look right, drive left, look right..." (big grin)!

4 comments:

Brian said...

I think this is a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I'll add an RSS feed to my reader so I can get the latest as it becomes available!

...your guts,
Brian

Scott-ish Nomads said...

I'm glad you think so, Bri. I feel pretty disconnected from everyone (wonder why?!!?), and this will hopefully be a better way to stay in touch. Your guts, too! Mich

Ash said...

I really like this michele! What a great way to stay in touch. Britt and I had a similar website when we were at college.

I can't believe how big everyone is in the picture (even though I saw everyone this last summer). I hope all is well. *ash*

Scott-ish Nomads said...

Thanks, Ash. Now if I can just get into bloggin mode and actually do it...big grin. Love you, M