Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What was THAT?

So that's what an earthquake feels like. Interesting!

Just in case the earth-shaking news isn't as big everywhere else as it is here, we had an earthquake last night. The biggest here since 1984, it measured 5.3 on the richter scale. Just before 1:00 in the morning, we heard a loud noise and the bed shook for about 10 seconds. I thought that the wash load downstairs was imbalanced, and I was grateful that it rebalanced itself nicely and we didn't even need to go downstairs to right it before going back to sleep.

Come to find out it was really an earthquake, not just an English appliance! Who knew? I always thought earthquakes would be, well, more dramatic or something. I guess I should be grateful it wasn't stronger...

You can read all about it if you want:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article851794.ece?CMP=KNC-powersearchSEM1&HBX_PK=earthquake

And the adventure continues! Cool.

No comments: