You know when you're a parent that the end of the year actually happens twice--once at the end of December and once at the end of the school year. As we are in the home stretch, I am yet again amazed that it is possible to have multiple activities scheduled every day of the week and still survive (barely). Between scouts, church, and school, we literally have at least one scheduled activity every day for the next two weeks, and most days have multiple events. Today was field day with Laurel and Eryn, complete with a nice new sunburn for me (apparently sunscreen only works when you apply it to ALL of the exposed skin--forgetting your neck when wearing a ponytail doesn't end well). The next two weeks will bring a 25-mile scout bicycle ride, middle school sports day, award ceremonies, music concerts, class parties, end of school picnics, Father's Day, and Jessie's continuation. (Since I'm still in complete denial about her being in high school in August, I've decided that it's ok for her to go, since none of it is real anyway...) Whew!
So in a couple of weeks we'll officially have a second, fifth, sixth, seventh, and ninth grader--elementary, middle, and high school all at the same time. Hmmm, I'm going to choose to be in denial about that, too...
1 comment:
This motherhood thing really keeps us moving doesn't it. I am glad to hear that your family is doing well. Keep up the great work and know that you are an inspiration to many. Love ya tons.
Post a Comment