To make a very long and painful story short, our first few weeks in the United Kingdom were a financial nightmare. Getting accounts set up both here and there, convincing all the banks to communicate, and then actually being granted access to our own money was, well, let's just say "difficult" and leave it at that.
That said, I need to take a moment to rant, as with only two weeks left here we seem to have come full circle. How's that, you ask? WELL...
Apparently I was in Jamaica this morning! Well, at least my debit card was, as some thoughtful soul used it to purchase 250 pounds worth of something I'm sure they needed very badly. The bank was nice enough to cancel my card for me, "as a courtesy," and it will "promptly" have another one sent out--"promptly" meaning that they will process the request for a new card in 8-10 business days...a little problematic when you leave the country in 13! Do you know how difficult the last two weeks here are going to be without my only U.K.-money-source-accessing tool? Aargh!!!
Ooh, and, oh yes, one more rant...
If it's going to cost me 250 pounds to have my contract-mandated "professional move-out clean," I AM NOT CLEANING ONE MORE DANG THING (and I wish I wouldn't have wasted significant amounts of time cleaning the last two weeks)!!! On the flip side, though, the moving to-do list just got shorter!
Thanks for letting me rant...
1 comment:
Take a little break and head on over to the Pub. Isn't that what you're expected to do in Britain? :)
hehe
S
(I don't know why I show up as "First")
:)
Post a Comment