Everything is happening so quickly lately. Today my second-to-youngest, wonderful Laurel, turned 13 -- THIRTEEN -- and joined the seething ranks of teenagers everywhere. Weird! [She's now only a breath away from deciding we never knew anything and counting the days until she is able to move out. Luckily, though, a few breaths later she'll realize how truly brilliant we are and be very, very sorry she judged us so harshly (big grin). I'm a patient woman; I can wait.] And next year the baby goes to middle school. When did THAT happen?!!?
Other firsts the last few months: Jessica took her ACT (getting a 30 on it her first try--go Jess!) and was also inducted into National Honor Society, Jess and Derik both had their braces removed, Jess totaled the kid car (we've replaced it with an armored truck), Laurel joined Aubrey and Derik as inductees into the National Junior Honor Society, Aubrey was made president of the Thespian Club (like Derik last year), Derik finally was able to get his implant, Eryn is singing in the honor choir at school, all of them were involved in various UIL competitions, Jess is going to state for her solo at solo/ensemble, Aubrey/Madi/Eryn took up softball, Jess/Derik/Aubrey are constantly going to Jubilee practices, etc., etc., ETC.!
It's tiring but exciting, each day bringing a seemingly endless list of things to accomplish, places to be, and people to manage, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so enjoying my wonderfully dynamic, ever involved family. I just want it to slow down a little bit!
In addition to that, Kyle's back in school and is now a high priest, serving in the high priest group leadership. I'm still Relief Society president, and I've also been working really hard on getting healthier. I'm down 25 pounds so far and feeling significantly better. With as fast as things are going, a couple of blinks from now, we'll be having weddings. Oooh, shiver--not going there, yet!
1 comment:
Man!!! So good to hear about how you guys are doing! Wow, you guys are so busy! But I guess busy is a good thing sometimes, right? ;) I hope Jess is OK! (which I'm sure she is since I didn't here anything horrible) I didn't know that she got in an accident! Sounds like everyone is just doing wonderful! Congratulations on all the awesome accomplishments! And, Jess... 30!!!!! Awesome, I'm not even going to tell you what I got on mine, it's THAT embarrassing! Man, we sure miss you guys!!!!! BTW, we got a web cam... we should SKYPE, I don't really know how to use it, but I'm sure I could figure it out :) And Kyle is going back to school! MAN, we really need to talk. Call me when you get a few minutes, or let me know when's the best time to call. Oh, those sweet precious EXTRA minutes. Ha! When do we get any of those, RIGHT?!? Especially you guys. And don't even mention weddings K!!!!! They are all still babies in my mind! They couldn't have grown up that fast! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! xoxo :)
Post a Comment