Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Planet Texas...

I was very excited when we woke this morning to the radio DJs talking about the "treacherous road conditions." So I went to the window to see the wonderful snow storm that should accompany those words, but all I saw was a drizzly, grey, Dallas day. Sigh.

Do you want to know the end result of ice in Dallas? A day off from school for the kids for "inclement weather." Welcome to planet Texas! (Then again, do you really want your children out on the roads with a bunch of drivers who only see ice a few times a year and don't know how to drive on it? Hmmm...)

My heart is still in the Rockies, my friends...

4 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

Yeah!!! I definately wouldn't want someone driving them either if they don't really know how to drive on it... Wish that your physical heart were in the rockies!! :) Love ya!

Scott-ish Nomads said...

YOU TOO!

Jennie said...

ha! how funny...

DeAynne said...

Hey we miss you!!