Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Condolulations...
What interesting service opportunities this life gives us! When a VERY close friend moved to Turkey a few weeks ago (big grin) and was promptly called to be the Branch President, I asked him if I should wish him condolences or congratulations. His very wise answer was "condoluations." I like it and have decided to adopt it. I'm feeling the same way because I was called yesterday to be the Relief Society President in our ward. Until now, I didn't know it was possible to be so conflicted--worried, feeling inadequate, humbled, excited, apprehensive, uninformed, VERY far out of my comfort zone, etc.--and yet to be completely at peace. If I have learned anything in my 29+ years on the planet, it is that the Lord loves us, is completely in charge, and always has a better plan than I do. I trust Him and trust that He knows what he's doing, no matter how inadequate I feel; as long as I serve whole heartedly and spend a ton of time on my knees, things will be fine. I have an overwhelming sense of His love for all of us, and I'm grateful to serve Him and the sisters in our ward. There are so many lost and struggling sheep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
As much as you probably hate me saying this, you are the perfect person for the calling. You have such a sweet spirit (with spunk I might add...my favorite part). You have the ability to reach people and disarm contentions, no matter their walk of life. I don't know, I may have a little bias - but you've been blessed with many talents girlfriend and I think you will do great!
Aw, you're making me blush! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now if you will just come here and hold my hand all of the time, things will be much better... :)
you will do great!!! :)
Nobody better in my book!! I distinctly remember a lesson you taught here a few years back and remember you really wondering how it was all going to work out. But you are phenominal and made it a perfect lesson. If you always remember to love the sisters you are going to do a fine job. And I know you my dear, you already love them.
Thank you for the sweet reminder that is in not "our" plan. As I plan for baby number six to join our family in March, everyday I am questioning myself..."whose plan is this anyway?" It is a crazy thing, but we are not in charge. We are humbled and obedient!! Love and miss you my friend!!!
Isn't it interesting that the people around you have so much more confidence in you in life than you do? Thanks for your kind words, my friend! What a blessing for another baby to come into your home--you and your husband are such sweet parents, and I'm sure this baby will be just as cherished as your other kiddos. I really do find it very comforting to know that if I just don't get in the way, the Savior's plan is so much better than anything I could come up with... Thanks so much for your sweet reminders of how truly blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives!!!
In reading the comments to my blog, I have to tell you all how truly blessed and humbled I feel to have the opportunity to get to know such great people in this life! You guys are so wonderful!!!
Post a Comment