Monday, August 31, 2009

And So It Begins...

Ah, the start of a new school year...it's always very exciting. When the perpetual fun of swimming every hour of every day has worn off, having the kids return to the productive part of their lives is always a good thing. Here are pics of my not-so-small people on their first day back (J 10th, D 8th, A 7th, L 6th, and E 3rd):










We started having them stand by the doorknob for their first school day pictures when they were tiny so that we could see how much they had grown from the previous year, but now most of them are leaning on the doorknob instead of reaching up to grab it. Time sure flies!

SO, just because I don't have enough to do already, I also finally made good on that promise I made to the kids (over seven years, one additional child, and several moves ago) to get them a dog. His name is "Just Jack," he's a lab/collie mix, and he's very sweet. We've had him a whole 24 hours now, and I still want to keep him!

2 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

Can't believe how big they are... I remember when it was just you and Kyle! Looks like they must have a dress code at school. They look so cute in their colorful polos. I always thought that dress codes were great. Everybody always looks nice and clean-cut... and not to mention MODEST! So important now days~ some of the yucky styles they have... Although I know that your kids always look so great! It's having to look at what the other kids are wearing and having to be around it that worries me... Oh, the things I worry about now that I'm a mom! Hey by the way I haven't seen any pictures of the inside of your beautiful home yet! You have to post some~ :)

Scott-ish Nomads said...

Thanks, Ash! They really ARE getting big, aren't they? It makes me sad to be losing my babies, but they're turning into such interesting bigger people that I can't really complain. We do have a dress code, and I really like it (so do the kids, actually). The only problem is having to have two separate wardrobes for each of them. You are so funny, you worrying mom--you've sure joined the club! Maybe they'll make you president...big grin. I'll work on the picture thing; this new calling is keeping me pretty busy! Love you, honey.