My important truth for the day is this: blogging the way I used to and my Relief Society president calling do not coexist well. So really all I can do is give you a snapshot of the last three months...
In the last three months 1) Jess got her driver's license, continued teaching piano lessons, prepared for and sang in two different choir concerts, continued studying extreme amounts for all of the A.P. classes she's taking, and tried to catch a few hours of sleep a day; 2) I spent three weeks in London with Kyle, during which we traveled to both France and Turkey (yeah!); 3) Kyle worked like crazy and was finally able to come home, where he's again working like crazy; 4) Derik and Aubrey performed in both Annie AND MacBeth, having five million play practices for the performances; 5) Laurel turned 12, entered the young women's program at church, and performed her first bassoon solo in a band concert; 6) Eryn didn't stop growing up for even a moment, loving Activity Days, excelling at school, and charming everyone around her; and 6) the family left out of New Orleans on a cruise to Central America (Guatemala, Belize, and Mexico) for spring break (after waiting three months for the Christmas present to mature)--all while everyone moved steadily forward in that little task called "living life."
Is it any wonder that we feel a little frazzled? Summer vacation will be a much needed break--you know...girl's camp, high adventure scout camp, Philmont for Kyle and Derik, our friend Shawna's wedding, band camp, some sort of a trip to see family in Idaho and Utah... All that resting is going to be SO boring...tee hee. Never a dull moment, my friends!
Also, on a completely unrelated note, every once in a while, someone says something that really makes you think. Earlier today I had one of those experiences during an assembly at Eryn's school. She was presented with an art award (being chosen from her grade as the best artist). She didn't know she was getting it, and when they started introducing the award, they said, "This young lady is very creative, and her beautiful artistic style reflects all of the different places she's traveled..." I guess I haven't really thought about it much lately, but it's pretty unique for an eight-year-old girl to have been the places she has, and the experiences have changed her and our other children. When I asked her about it afterward, she said, "Mom, when they talked about the girl having been all over, I thought 'that's SO me'--I'm so happy!"
As that sweet little girl's mother, I am SO grateful for the experiences we've had the last few years. I feel beyond blessed that my children have been able to experience the world a little and that I had the privilege of going along for the ride!
4 comments:
whew! sounds like you are doing well!! i have missed hearing your stories! :)
Yeah, you blog too! I'm going to have to update our too now. See you help me be a better me :)
WOW!!! And I thought that we'd been busy lately. I have missed hearing about what is going on... but I completely understand! Looks like your trip was so much fun!!! So jeolous... maybe someday we can afford to do all the fun things that you do! :) Ohhhh, coming to visit Idaho!!!! We can't wait to see you guys! YAY!
P.S. Can't believe how fast the kids are growing... they are practically adults! K- Jess, I know that you are!;) When did that happen!!!! So not fair you guys, don't you know you're suppose to stay little forever! Man, I remember when each and everyone of them where babies! :)
Post a Comment