Thursday, May 29, 2008

Finally ready...

Yesterday Eryn was sick (ear infection), and we'll just say we had a challenging day and leave it at that. The interesting moment came around dinner time, when she had a classic six-year-old melt down. She was completely hysterical over whatever the problem was (I'm still not completely clear on that one, and neither is she), and I calmly invited her to go lie down for a few minutes until she was ready to join the family again without screaming at anyone. I even told her I loved her as she went screaming down the hall to her room. Of course she fell asleep within seconds of her head hitting the pillow and slept for several hours.

Why am I sharing this with you? I learned something VERY important. After five children and with our youngest being almost completely out of little-kid stage, I finally have occasional moments where I'm actually the mother I intended to be all along.

So, just for the record, I'm finally ready to start having children now. Do over!

5 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Ok - There's hope for me...someday... :) Hope not little Eryn-ie is feeling better!

Scott-ish Nomads said...

You reached that point a long time ago--it's just taken ME a little longer to get there. Big grin!

Glenda said...

I'm so cracking up right now!! You're the one who told me before I had Abby, "Don't worry when you look around, waiting for her parents to come pick her up - that's normal." I've always loved your honesty! Good to know we ladies aren't in this alone.

DeAynne said...

Michele: I love you and love your smile. Thanks for putting one on my face today. Hope Erin is feeling better. Love ya.

sunni said...

love it! what great insite.