This past weekend was a bank holiday (U.K. national holiday where pretty much everyone has the day off), so Kyle and the kids were both home on Monday. I had grand plans for what we were going to do with the weekend, considering taking the Eurostar under the English Channel for a day trip to France, going to a castle an hour-and-a-half north of here to watch a jousting tournament, going to Avebury to see a stone circle significantly larger than Stonehenge that you can actually get close to, etc., etc., etc.; there were so many options!
So guess what we did...nothing! Saturday the kids were all extremely tired from their week, Sunday I spoke in church, and Monday was cold, dreary, and raining like crazy. The children didn't want to watch a jousting tournament in the downpour--go figure! I think it would have been exciting and undoubtedly memorable...
But you know what? It was one of the nicest weekends we've had in a long time. We spent both Saturday and Monday resting, playing games, watching movies, bike riding, and generally having a very laid-back, stress-free time, even going out to dinner for Meditteranean food Monday night.
Sometimes weekends like that turn out even better than a jousting tournament. I sure love my wonderful family!
I still want to do those other things, though! Another weekend...
2 comments:
What a wonderful adventure! I have read through some of your blog (kuddos for posting eveything!). Reading about Germany brought back a ton of memories for me. I'm with you on the whole Munich thing:) Did you get a chance to see Dacau? (I hope I spelled it right - I can't even spell English words right...) :)
We miss you guys!
ps-tell Jess congrats on her singing in Scotland (now imagine me saying that with a scotish accent - although I would probably sound more like Forrest Gump, than a scotsman, er woman:)lol
Thanks, Sheri.
Dachau was closed the only day we were within driving distance. We were pretty bummed about it. Everything else we saw sure was wonderful, though, and we liked Germany way better than France.
I'm with you on the accent, my British, Scottish, and Irish are pretty much the same thing--the kids think it's really funny, since they're all already masters at the accents!
Post a Comment