Friday, May 09, 2008

She's Alive--Jessie goes to Scotland

Jess left for Scotland Wednesday afternoon, headed to the International Choir Festival she'll be performing in Saturday night. Apparently she had a successful flight (after a slight fiasco with no id and her not going to be able to fly without it, a maternal mad dash to the airport with her passport, a quick hug, and a "love you, Mom, see you"). Her adviser sent proof this morning that she is, indeed, still alive and is in Scotland:


She doesn't know it, but Kyle is going to fly up Saturday to surprise her. If only it would have been on a three-day weekend so that the whole family could have gone...

The kids spent the bulk of the day yesterday working on their music but then were rewarded with a trip to a seaside castle. Must be rough... (Why didn't I hide in her suitcase, again?)

Seriously, though, I hope she's having a phenomenal time!!! In the words of Mushu, "Our little baby's all grown up and saving China," er, "singing in Scotland." I'm so proud of her.

No comments: