We knew our time in Oz wouldn't last forever, so we weren't too surprised Tuesday afternoon when we were informed that our sparkly shoes are taking us home in a few weeks. I can't believe we've been here almost a year! Kyle goes back November 20th, and the kids and I go back December 20th (so that they can stay in school until Christmas break). It's strange/exciting/scary thinking about going home and all of the things that come with it--buying a new home, buying a new vehicle, getting the kids into school... I can't say I'm particularly excited about leaving, mostly because the kids love their school so much and don't want to go, but there will be good things about it, too.
So, I'm putting on my Polyanna hat and looking for the positives. Not being so "in between things" will be nice. Having a full-sized washer and dryer will be more nice. And being able to actually call people and talk without having to sell a child will be even nicer than that! AND, actually seeing family and friends again will be nicest of all. I've missed you guys.
BUT, since I'm simply not done sightseeing, we're going on two more trips before we hop back over the big pond. The kids have an extended weekend, and in a few hours we're going to Prague. Then at the end of the month they have "half term break," and we're going to Scotland and Ireland. I suppose it will be alright to leave then...
Seriously, though, I'm grateful and humbled to have had this experience. I hope we did whatever it was God sent us here to do. We sure have had some incredible experiences, and I hope we're better people for it.
Days like this are what I'm going to miss most:
8 comments:
oh, my, gosh! i can't believe it is over! so soon? i have loved hearing about your time there. what an amazing gift/blessing you have had over there.
i can't believe you have a small washer and dryer, ugg!
where are you "coming home" to?
I can't either! "Home" will be Texas again. I'm not sure where we'll end up, but I'm hoping to be back in the Wylie school district (just to keep it simple--as if that's even an option at this point!).
WOW, Texas! Gaby was hoping it would be VA or somewhere close to her. Actually that would have been awesome! Good luck!
I wish it would have been closer to you guys, too! Aren't you about done with your three years, though? What does the future hold for you?!!?
I am really going to miss reading your adventures; HOWEVER, I am giddy that we'll get to see you guys again.
THIS TIME ... call us when you get back in town! We'll have a dinner in your honor!
I'm going to miss HAVING the adventures! We sure are looking forward to seeing you again, though, and will definitely call!
Michelle: I too am going to miss the "adventures" how fun it has been for our family to follow you and yours. I am grateful for your friendship and allowing us to be part of your life there. Just know that "life is an adventure" and this is just another one. Enjoy the final moments and let us know when you are back in the states. Love ya.
Oh, thanks, DeAynne. I SO enjoy reading your blog, too. You remind me to refocus on what's important in life. Thanks for the reminder that life is the adventure, and not London... Love ya! M
Post a Comment