Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Little Crow With A Healthy Side Of Fresh Perspective...

Anyone who talked to me a couple of years ago as we were moving to Texas instantly discovered that I had no clue why we were moving here, and frankly I wasn't very excited; it certainly is not a first choice of place to live for either one of us. BUT because Kyle and I both felt that it was the right thing to do, we packed up and left Colorado. Moving to London shortly thereafter was a welcome and unexpected twist. But now, almost two years later, we're back in Texas and still wondering what we're doing here.

So why do we feel this way, you ask? Well...though the people in Texas are truly wonderful (and I mean that sincerely), the heat and bugs simply don't appeal to either one of us. That and the distinct lack of mountains just don't add up to our dream place of residence. Seriously, when we moved to Colorado after Derik was born, we said we'd never move back. Yet here we are.

SO, I am actively looking for ways to love Texas and enjoy this new adventure, and this week I found one. Spring here is beautiful! The state flower is the bluebell, and they're everywhere right now and absolutely gorgeous.

So Monday we had a family night photo op to enjoy all the beautiful flowers. And do you know what happened? The experience reminded me that life is what you make it and it really IS an adventure, no matter where you live; you simply have to find the adventure. You think I would have learned that lesson from living overseas--guess I'm a slow learner.

And, hey, the ant bites are already healing...





9 comments:

MOJ said...

This really brings back memories of living outside of Austin--the fields of bluebonnets were unlike anything I'd ever seen. We loved the random patches of wildflowers along the interstate. Springtime in Texas is unbelievable.

Scott-ish Nomads said...

No kidding! Does it make the summer melt down worth it for you, though...now that's what I really need to know! :)

Scott and Ashley said...

I love the pics of the kids!!! The last one is my fav! I can't believe how much they are growing. I am sure that they have all outgrown me by now... not that that is really a big feat ;) I didn't see any pictures of you and Kyle. :( I love your house, it is incredible keep us updated on the progress! I would love to see pics of the house when you get everything moved in (well, I would just love to see more pics cause I can't be there to see it myself). We miss you guys!!! LOVE YOU!

J said...

Hey M, just remember to the English, anything in America is exotic and foreign!

The Scott's said...

Holy Molly the Kyle and Michelle Scott kids are getting so big!

Scott-ish Nomads said...

They really are, aren't they? They're not little kids anymore...I guess that's ok. Some days I really miss them being tiny, though!

Glenda said...

Those pics are fantastic!! Ok, so ... it's official - you guys must come over pronto for an evening - Texas + Montierths = FUN. Maybe you're here so your kids can be good examples to our children & Tracy and Kyle can realize that men need friends ... because, you know, it's all about US!!

We'll have to have a joint family adventure to Bonham State Park or Lake Ray Roberts or both!!! You MUST love your life here (oh, and we have a pool - so get yer booty over!).

Scott-ish Nomads said...

Just say when, my friend. The kids are all over the swimming thing any time that kind of carrot is dangled! It will be so great to see you guys!

Jennie said...

these pics are truly amazing! your kids look so great!

you must be so proud!